City Council Info

Easy access to City committee meeting particulars and access to documents – simply Internet search ‘Cape Town Municipality committee meetings’. Meeting dates and headings  appear on screen – click on  meeting of interest – when  meeting particulars appear click on instruction at bottom of screen if you want to download documents.
Internet Links to City Services and Information:

Click on the City website link here :

and when it opens up enter what you are looking for into the search block on the City website which will then show the relevant material.

Click on these headings to read the SUBPAGES: 

City News Online: 21 August 2019

Customer Call Centre
0860 103 089

107 (Landline)
021 480 7700 (Mobile)

City News Online

A fortnightly update for residents from the City of Cape Town, including issues open for public comment, news and relevant updates.

 To receive 'City News Online' click on this link, OR cut and paste it into the command line of your Internet Browser and 'Enter'


The City of Cape Town has a new Service Delivery and Complaints Centre: 

Accounts and General Enquiries, such as Water, Electricity, Solid Waste, Accounts Enquiries, Valuations, Creditors Accounts, Traffic Fines, Motor Vehicle Registration, etc|  or @CityofCT on Twitteror phone 0860 103089 (between 07:30 to 17:00).

This C3 electronic reporting system ensures that your contact is logged & a reference number will track progress.You can also log it yourself:


Enquiries and/or complaints regarding :Burst and Leaking Water Mains, Faulty and Leaking water meters, Blocked and overflowing sewers, etc. can also be sent via SMS to 31373 | Electricity fault reporting, Power outages; Pre-paid meter queries can also be sent via SMS to 31220.


All Emergency complaints should be directed to the Public Emergency Communications Centre (PECC), also called 107, on the telephone number 107 (from a landline), 021 480 7700 from a cellphone or @pecc107 on Twitter.

They record and track all calls and will immediately mobilise the correct emergency service(s).

The City has a dedicated 24hr HOTLINE for Displaced Persons (aka vagrants, street people)  - 0800 87 22 01 

City of Cape Town COMPLAINTS:
Please first try one of the City numbers below: 
 All queries:           0860 103 089

Noise:   Log a call at the City’s 24-hour emergency centre:      021  596 1999

            and ask for a call reference No.

 For persistent noise over a period: call the Environment Health Dept.  021 514 4136

            8h00-16h00 quoting the reference No. (see above).

 or:   email: OR

 Note: be prepared to give a sworn affidavit for the report

Events & Film Shoots:  Call the City’s 24-hour emergency centre:   021  596 1999

            and ask for a call reference No.

 or:    call the City’s Events Office 8h00-16h00       021 417 4035

or:    e-mail or phone him at:     084.572 0290

or:    call Terrenve Isaacs on the 24h00 line at:    084 900 0145

Sedan Taxis:

Habitual double-parking and obstructing traffic or parking on yellow/red lines:  call the City’s 24-hour emergency centre & ask for a call reference No.  021  596 1999

Liquor Licence:

Objecting to a proposed opening of a venue or the renewal of a liquor licence?

 1.   Look up liquor licence applications on the CPF (Community Police Forum) website at:

2.   Compile a detailed complaint, providing photographic evidence,times, dates where applicable;

3.   E-mail complaint to:  Area Liquor Forum:                                                    

                                 Liquor athority:

                                 SAPS Designated Liquor Office:

                                 OR The appropriate ward councillor

Dumping:        (7h30 to 17h00)      0860 103 089

Cable Theft:                  (7h30 to 17h00)   0800 222 771

Traffic Signal Faults:    (7h30 to 17h00)       086 000 1948

Electricity:      0860 103 089

                  (office hours)

Water & Sanitation:  sms to 31373 or:   0860 103 089                      

Solid Waste:   sms to 31373  or:    0860 103 089

If you do NOT get a satisfactory response please use this  link to go to the City website  to make a Service Delivery Request /C3, by computer or smart phone:

or SMS 31373 for any City / Council related problem:

This works well for  repairing broken streetlights, electricity outages, water leaks, potholes, missing road signs and manhole covers and  has had fairly good response from the city in solving them.

Emergency Numbers